Preparation For Life!

Preparation For Life!
More than just a hay burner!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Basic Economics

Okay...it's been a really bad day and I'm really cynical about some of MY children (names withheld intentionally) getting the whole economic reality anytime soon! Hairdressers, nail salons, and new releases at the movie theater along with vacation travel, new cell phones (with all the bells and whistles), and video gaming are priorities for some of my young adults. Have you heard this one, "I earned my money, I should get to spend it how I want." Yeah, I hear that one too!

Parents, myself included, view text books, auto insurance, and dental care nearer the top of the priority list. Recreation and entertainment are important and we all want our children to enjoy life. We just want them to have two pair of underwear so one can get laundered once in awhile. It would be noteworthy if us "parentals" could rest comfortably knowing the wheels under the buttocks of our grown children were legally on the road! You know, insured; with tires that have minimum tread, and something more than friends taking turns pushing it to move the thing forward! Like, maybe fuel?

Like I said, It's been a rough day and admittedly I am cynical today wondering if my adult "reproductions" are brilliant enough to learn economics?

No comments:

Post a Comment