Preparation For Life!

Preparation For Life!
More than just a hay burner!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ARGH !!!

Is it the harvest moon? Is it the El Nina weather pattern? Maybe it's my Karma? No! I was never bad enough for this day!! It started off well enough but when I shifted my focus...well you've had days like this too I'm sure. I got up earlier than usual. Lots of energy motivated me to strip my bed and put my linens in the washer; unload the dishwasher; empty the kitchen and bath garbage cans; fold the load in the dryer AND put it away! Then as the sun moved I had to leave for work. My children are not "little" anymore and they certainly know the house rules! No worries right?

Wrong! Things began to fall into havoc during my absence. I came home to find that our youngest had decided to eat watermelon on my white mattress while the linens were in the washer - splattering a pattern indicative of a Jackson Pollock original work or art. I opened the refrigerator in a desperate search for trans fat in the form of chocolate, only to find someone had shoved the gallon jug of milk into a raw egg which had spread and then coagulated on the glass shelf. While using diluted laundry detergent to sponge the mattress, our teenager called to say her car (the one the husband co-signed for while I was on record as being opposed to getting the teenager a car) yeah...um, her car had been keyed while she was at the courthouse to show support for a friend. Did I mention it's a friend who isn't the sharpest pencil in the box and doesn't know when to come in out of the rain? Uh, that would be why a court appearance would be necessary! And what kind of people hang out at courthouses...uh huh...a lot of people who who aren't always respectful...the kind of people who key cars!

I decided I'd just sit and bag that pile of clothing that's been waiting to get dropped off for charity. Only the pile was now a carpet spread out and where the pile was - there was now a stack of movies. The movies our juicy artist had been watching on my stripped white mattress while her sibling drove the financed car to be keyed and the egg oozed out of its shell and then clung to the glass refrigerator shelf!

All things considered it's not like the morning when the horse was caught in the fence. That prompted the teen to call me from her cell phone and tell me about it as she kept rolling out the driveway! And, It's not like the morning when the man woke me from my sound sleep with these tender words, "pig's dead!" Certainly it's been a better day than some. It's just that menopausal memory loss prevents me from remembering just how good some days are! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment